Frequently Asked Questions
How are services priced?
- Initial visit: $325.00
- Follow-up visit: $100.00 – $150.00
- Acupuncture treatment: $100.00 +
- Joint manipulation: $40.00 – $100.00
- Cost of the most Intravenous therapies : $165.00
- Supplements (priced individually)
- Special lab test kits (priced individually)
How are missed appointments priced?
- Missed initial visit: $225.00
- Missed follow-up visit: $ 75.00
- Missed IV: $165.00
What is Dr. Hui’s treatment approach?
Dr. Hui is an integrative medicine practitioner. As a complement to conventional methods of treatment, he uses naturopathic and traditional Chinese medicine (acupuncture, supplements and herbal medicine), joint manipulation and intravenous therapies such as chelation therapy, vitamin and nutrient therapy, nutraceutical therapy and hyperbaric ozone therapy.
His main goal is to optimize patients’ health holistically and allow them to achieve a balanced life. Dr. Hui does not treat symptoms alone but takes time to address the root causes of his patients’ medical problem. For example, if a patient comes in for chronic headaches,
Dr. Hui will explore underlying factors such as jaw alignment, the neck’s range of motion, sleep and hormones. He believes that seemingly unrelated body functions are actually interrelated.
Feel free to read first-hand patient accounts of their experiences with Dr. Hui’s approach on Dr. Hui’s RateMD page: rateMDDrHui
Where are Dr. Hui’s clinics located?
Dr. Hui has three clinics:
Main Clinic (Downtown Toronto)
- 421 Bloor St. East, Suite 202 Toronto M4W 3T1
- Major Intersection: Bloor Street East/Sherbourne Street
- Building entrance is at the southwest corner of Bloor Street East and Sherbourne Street.
Wynford Drive Clinic (North Toronto)
- 18 Wynford Drive, Suite 313 North York M3C 3S2
- Major Intersection: Eglinton Avenue East/Don Mills Road
- 566 Bryne drive #B2 and C2 Barrie, L4N 9P6
- Major intersection: Highway 400/Mapleview Drive
How do I secure an appointment?
New patient bookings are being made a few months in advance. To book an appointment, please refer to the contact information below. Voicemail is checked more regularly than email.
What are Dr. Hui’s consultation clinic schedules?
Downtown Toronto Clinic
|Day||Consultation clinic (Suite 202)||IV Treatment centre (Suite 204) office hours|
|Monday||9 am – 1pm; 3 pm – 6 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am – 1pm||9 am – 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am – 1 pm|
|Thursday||9 am – 7 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 1 pm||9 am – 3 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 1 pm|
|Day||Consultation Clinic hours||IV Treatment centre office hours|
|Monday||9 am – 5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am – 5 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 1:30 pm; 2 – 6 pm||9 am – 6 pm|
|Thursday||9 am – 5 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 5 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 1 pm|
North Toronto Clinic
|Day||Consultation Clinic hours||IV Treatment Centre office hours|
|Monday||10 am – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am – 4 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am – 1:30 pm; 2 – 6 pm||9 am – 7 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 4 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 4 pm|
What should I bring to my initial consultation?
- Previous lab results and medical records (if any)
- List of current medications and supplements
- OHIP card (OHIP covers history taking and examination)
- Completed patient’s questionnaire
What modalities of treatment does Dr. Hui use?
Dr. Hui practices integrative medicine, combining conventional medicine with alternative methods of treatment. He prescribes prescription medication, as well as nutraceutical supplements and traditional Chinese herbal medicine. He provides acupuncture treatments, administers local injections (Ozone, Hyalgan, Procaine and Kenalog), performs joint manipulations and offers intravenous therapies such as chelation therapy, vitamin and nutrient therapy, nutraceutical therapy and hyperbaric ozone therapy.
What will I do next after my initial visit?
- You will schedule an appointment for your next visit with the receptionist.
- You will need to complete the requested laboratory tests prior to your next visit. Usually your lab results come in after 4-7 working days. Special lab test results require more time to be processed (2 weeks or more). Copies of your laboratory results and other investigations will be provided to you at no charge on your next visit.
- If an IV treatment is recommended, you will coordinate an appointment with the receptionist at your preferred treatment centre.
What happens if I miss my scheduled appointment?
There is a charge for missed appointments if you do not give a 24 hours cancellation notice (business day only): $200 for missed initial consultations; $65 for missed follow up consultations. The clinic receptionists will assist you in rebooking a new appointment.
How can I secure an appointment for IV treatment?
- Patient’s clinical records are stored electronically and can be accessed by all IV treatment centres.
- Dr. Hui’s recommendation is strictly required before commencing an IV treatment protocol. Each IV treatment protocol is specifically tailored to the patient’s needs
- You can secure an appointment at your preferred location by calling their respective contact numbers:
- You are required to give a 24 hours cancellation notice for IV appointments.
- Please plan enough time so that we can finish your intravenous treatment by the clinic’s closing time.
What should I do prior to getting an IV treatment?
- Drink lots of fluids
- Don’t drink coffee (caffeine is a diuretic and an indirect vasoconstrictor)
- Have a full meal
- Refrain from wearing scented products
How long is an IV treatment?
IV treatments generally run for 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the type and the number of IVs administered during the session, as well as the patient’s reaction during the procedure.
What are the costs of the IV treatments?
- Most IV treatments cost $165.00/session; no tax added (more if there are additional nutrients/components added)
- Vitamin and mineral drips cost $120.00; no tax added
How do you monitor my clinical response to IV treatment?
Dr. Hui will re-evaluate your progress at the middle of the recommended treatment course. Staff progress notes are completed after each IV treatment and Dr. Hui evaluates them from time to time. Laboratory tests are requested as necessary and results are correlated clinically.
Can Dr. Hui be my family physician?
Dr. Hui practices integrative and complementary medicine. He does not provide primary care, so it is recommended that you maintain a relationship with a family physician for on-going primary care. Dr. Hui is willing to collaborate with your attending family physician.
Am I meeting other people aside from Dr. Hui during my first visit?
Dr. Hui is a passionate educator. From time to time, Dr. Hui may have other health care providers or students observing his patient consultations. These may include medical doctors, naturopathic physicians and acupuncturists. We will introduce them to you and request your permission before allowing them to be present during the consultation. You have the liberty to decline if you are not comfortable having them around.
How can I secure a copy of my medical records in case my Family Doctor/ Specialist/ Insurance Company asks for it?
- Your consent is required in order to access and disclose your personal health information contained in your medical record
- Your personal health information may be disclosed without consent when law requires it. It can be disclosed within the members of your health care providers only when warranted.
- For the preparation and transfer of your medical records, there is a service fee of $30.00 for the first 20 pages and 5 cents per page added.
Michael Coren talks with Dr. Fred Hui
Television personality Michael Coren host of the Crossroads Televisions System, sat down with Dr. Hui to discuss healthy lifestyles.