Frequently Asked Questions
How are services priced?
- Initial visit: $325.00
- Follow-up visit: $100.00 – $150.00
- Acupuncture treatment: $100.00 +
- Joint manipulation: $40.00 – $100.00
- Cost of the most Intravenous therapies : $165.00
- Supplements (priced individually)
- Special lab test kits (priced individually)
How are missed appointments priced?
- Missed initial visit: $225.00
- Missed follow-up visit: $ 75.00
- Missed IV: $165.00
What is Dr. Hui’s treatment approach?
Dr. Hui is an integrative medicine practitioner. As a complement to conventional methods of treatment, he uses naturopathic and traditional Chinese medicine (acupuncture, supplements and herbal medicine), joint manipulation and intravenous therapies such as chelation therapy, vitamin and nutrient therapy, nutraceutical therapy and hyperbaric ozone therapy.
His main goal is to optimize patients’ health holistically and allow them to achieve a balanced life. Dr. Hui does not treat symptoms alone but takes time to address the root causes of his patients’ medical problem. For example, if a patient comes in for chronic headaches,
Dr. Hui will explore underlying factors such as jaw alignment, the neck’s range of motion, sleep and hormones. He believes that seemingly unrelated body functions are actually interrelated.
Feel free to read first-hand patient accounts of their experiences with Dr. Hui’s approach on Dr. Hui’s RateMD page: rateMDDrHui
Where are Dr. Hui’s clinics located?
Dr. Hui has three clinics:
Main Clinic (Downtown Toronto)
- 421 Bloor St. East, Suite 202 Toronto M4W 3T1
- Major Intersection: Bloor Street East/Sherbourne Street
- Building entrance is at the southwest corner of Bloor Street East and Sherbourne Street.
Wynford Drive Clinic (North Toronto)
- 18 Wynford Drive, Suite 313 North York M3C 3S2
- Major Intersection: Eglinton Avenue East/Don Mills Road
- 566 Bryne drive #B2 and C2 Barrie, L4N 9P6
- Major intersection: Highway 400/Mapleview Drive
How do I secure an appointment?
What are Dr. Hui’s consultation clinic schedules?
Downtown Toronto Clinic
|Day||Consultation clinic (Suite 202)||IV Treatment centre (Suite 204) office hours|
|Monday||9am – 1pm; 3-6 pm||9am – 7pm|
|Tuesday||9am – 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am – 1pm|
|Thursday||9am – 7pm|
|Friday||9am – 1pm||9am – 3pm|
|Saturday||9am – 1pm|
|Day||Consultation Clinic hours||IV Treatment centre office hours|
|Monday||9am – 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am – 6pm|
|Thursday||9am – 5pm|
|Friday||9am – 5pm|
|Saturday||9am – 1pm|
North Toronto Clinic
|Day||Consultation Clinic hours||IV Treatment Centre office hours|
|Monday||10am – 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9am – 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am – 5pm|
|Thursday||9am – 1:30pm; 2–6pm||9am – 7pm|
|Friday||9am – 4pm|
|Saturday||9am – 4pm|
What should I bring to my initial consultation?
- Previous lab results and medical records (if any)
- List of current medications and supplements
- OHIP card (OHIP covers history taking and examination)
- Completed patient’s questionnaire
What modalities of treatment does Dr. Hui use?
What will I do next after my initial visit?
- You will schedule an appointment for your next visit with the receptionist.
- You will need to complete the requested laboratory tests prior to your next visit. Usually your lab results come in after 4-7 working days. Special lab test results require more time to be processed (2 weeks or more). Copies of your laboratory results and other investigations will be provided to you at no charge on your next visit.
- If an IV treatment is recommended, you will coordinate an appointment with the receptionist at your preferred treatment centre.
What happens if I miss my scheduled appointment?
How can I secure an appointment for IV treatment?
- Patient’s clinical records are stored electronically and can be accessed by all IV treatment centres.
- Dr. Hui’s recommendation is strictly required before commencing an IV treatment protocol. Each IV treatment protocol is specifically tailored to the patient’s needs
- You can secure an appointment at your preferred location by calling their respective contact numbers:
- You are required to give a 24 hours cancellation notice for IV appointments.
- Please plan enough time so that we can finish your intravenous treatment by the clinic’s closing time.
What should I do prior to getting an IV treatment?
- Drink lots of fluids
- Don’t drink coffee (caffeine is a diuretic and an indirect vasoconstrictor)
- Have a full meal
- Refrain from wearing scented products
How long is an IV treatment?
What are the costs of the IV treatments?
- Most IV treatments cost $165.00/session; no tax added (more if there are additional nutrients/components added)
- Vitamin and mineral drips cost $120.00; no tax added
How do you monitor my clinical response to IV treatment?
Can Dr. Hui be my family physician?
Am I meeting other people aside from Dr. Hui during my first visit?
How can I secure a copy of my medical records in case my Family Doctor/ Specialist/ Insurance Company asks for it?
- Your consent is required in order to access and disclose your personal health information contained in your medical record
- Your personal health information may be disclosed without consent when law requires it. It can be disclosed within the members of your health care providers only when warranted.
- For the preparation and transfer of your medical records, there is a service fee of $30.00 for the first 20 pages and 5 cents per page added.
Michael Coren talks with Dr. Fred Hui
Television personality Michael Coren host of the Crossroads Televisions System, sat down with Dr. Hui to discuss healthy lifestyles.