Life line – Power Napping (Click this link for more details)
Many highly successful people have mastered the art of power napping. It enables them to cope with high levels of stress, sleep disturbance trom busy schedules, travel or young children, and still maintain alertness and peak productivity.
A 20- minutes catnap:
-Rejuvenates you when you are tired.
-Keeps your emotions in check when nervous or depressed.
-Stabilizes many of the body’s physiological functions, especially the involuntary nervous system which regulates heart rate, blood pressure, muscle tension, sweating, rhythm of the intestines.
What to do?
Power napping is easy to learn:
Sit in a chair with good back support (office chair or dinning room chair) or on the floor against the wall.
- Close your eyes.
- Focus your thoughts on either a soothing sound, a relaxing mental image, e.g. the sound of waves.
- Utter a relaxing word (e.g. SE-R-E-N-E) as you are letting go. Let your body resonate with the sound as you breathe out.
- Do not force concentration. Let thoughts come go.
- Feel your body getting heavier, feeling”weight down by your anchor”
- Hold head comfortably over shoulders – avoid titling backwards or forwards.
- Gradually let your body enter a meditative state which will likly last 15 to 20 minutes.